So this week, as it is thanksgiving tomorrow, I am very thankful for the apartment I am living in. It is so nice to be able to cook, sleep, watch TV, shower, and just be in a place that is comfortable. At the same time, my aptartmetn also provides some comic relief for me. It is a two bedroom apartment with a small living room, kitchen, bathroom, and little porch. Thr furniture is all very old but still in prestine condition and much of it is yellow... the curtains, the chiars, the table cloth, the bed covers. What´t not yellow is mostly white or has a touch of green. The living room has two chairs infront of the TV that are incredibly not comfortable and very square. There will be no cuddling up in front of the TV to watch telenovels I´m afraid.
In the kitchen there are most of the basic cooking things you need (though lacking in bottle openers and can openers) and there is a plethora of little cups and little espresso cups. Evertyhing else is also just a little small including the countrer which seems about six inches too short. This continues my threoy that it´s an apt for an old lady.
There are also lots of little nicknacks decorating the shelves and other surfaces: little dogs statues wth welcome signs, fake flowers, a small doll, and a plastic pyramid with a picture of Jesus inside. On the walls are travel posters showing different places in Argentina. I know they are old only because i got one exactly like the one in my room when i was in Italy in 1994 because i traded it with the girl from Argentina.
My room is very nice. One wall is pretty much just a huge window that looks out on to blank wall. My window does have thpse plastic blinds that you can pretty much close all the way and block out all the light. It´s great for afternoon naps not so much for wakin up in the morning though. Antoher wall is taken up by lots of closets which seem very bare with my few clothes in them. The other two are just walls. My bed is right in the middle and is smaller then a twin bed. I sometimes feel like i´m going to fall out.
So last night, I went to take out the garbage and couldn´t get the door to the street open. Apparently somehow the lock had gotten stuck. When the girl who lives in the other apartment (there are only two and it´s her family who´s owns the buliding) came home she couldn{t et in. We had to call a locksmith who, after i had planned how we were going to jump down to our neighbors patio to get, finally got the door open meaning no breaking and entering would be needed. Then today the electricity went out. I wasn´t sure why and didn{t knw hwere the switch box was anyways. But turns out it was probably just the city turning out the electricity for a while cause there´s not really enough to go around. Anyways it´s not perfect but I´m happy and my roommate is really nice so for now it´s home.
2 comments:
home, sweet home. happy thanksgiving! you can't imagine how much i miss you... hope you get good eats today!
Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope all is well!! I miss you!!
Post a Comment