So today I went to the pool and was swimming as usual with some old men while the old women were in the lane next to us doing water areobics (meaning walking aroudn the shallow end gossiping). Suddenly, one of the swim instructors stopped me. After some waving of arms and repaeting of words, I understood that he wanted me to demonstrate backstoke for his students. So I did. Then i realize after some more waving of arms that he wanted me to demostrate a backstroke flip turn, which i then gladly did. Anyways, it made me feel like auite the superstar!
But some good news: I have an apartment!! In two weeks I will start sharing an aptartment with the girl friend of a friend of a friend. How´s that for a connection? She´s coming from Turkey for a while and has a two bedroom apt and needed a roommate. And there i was. As it turns out her boyfriend does both CISV and AIESEC, so it´s not totally random and she does AIESEC so it should be good. Also the price and location are great so I can´t complain!
I will be moving out of moreno on Saturday and staying in a hostel til the apartment is ready. I may also head to Uruguay for a bit. You know, hop the border, head to the beach, relax.
Other then that while I took a few days off from the orphanage, three new staff members were hired so apparently ¨ there are no more problems¨. They also want me to stay and have more or less given me free range to do educational acitivites with the girls. Granted there are no resources (like art supplies, sports equipment, etc) and no one else really wants to help but the president of AIESEC Beunos Aires gave me this speech about how i now have the opportunity to do something great all on my own and isn´t that the challenge? While I guess it is, I just wanted to tell him to shove it and let me go already. But, since he had a point and gave a nice little speech I am reconsidering working here a few days a week. But we´ll see what happens.
So life is still complicated and mostly uninteresting except that i have learned tons of resources to rent an apt in Buenos Aires and I´ve looked at about 50 hostels, so if you´re headed this way let me know and i can recommend somewhere. Or you can just stay in my apartment! Cán´t wait to cook for myself!
1 comment:
hey cutie!
I just wanted to say hey. If you need some supplies, that I can ship from here let me know. I don't know if you are coming home for Christmas at all, but I have all that kinds of stuff as home and work.
Peace,
Mary
Post a Comment