Well I haven´t written in a while mostly because I feel my life is really compilcated and uninteresting at the moment. I haven´t left the orphanage yet but I currently spending most of my time thinking about and searching for a place to live and some work to do. It seems I have quite a few options for both. For living I am searching for everything from long term rentals in a hostels, to apartments, to rooms for rent in guestehouses. AS far as work there are more volunteer positions in eveything from travel clubs to working with street kids to working in soup kitchens but also the possibility that i could work under the table doing telemarketing, teaching english, or being a tour guide. Also some woman i met though CISV said i could work at this elementary school teachig frist grade english. That would actually be a real job!
Anyways in the midst of all this thinking and searching, I´ve had a few funny moments. First, I went to the pool the other day and forgot mt goggles and cap. After coming out of the locker room rather quickly the owner asked why and then insited I use his personal pair of both googles and cap.
I also finally mixed up the words for onion and horse (cebolla and caballo), something I´ve feared so much since i got there that i haven´t ordered pizza with onion on it. I of course mixed then up when descibing what i had put in some guacamole I had made. My special reciepe seems to consist of: tomatoes, garlic, lemon, horse and money. I also mixed up the words for advocado and money (palta and plata).
Other then this i also got asked to be a leader for CISV argentina. After responding with a very weak yes I immediately had an interview where i was told of the job teaching english in the school. This all occurred at their selection day where there were easily over 100 kids and i got to help lead some acitivites and energizers. My first CISV acitivty not in english! It was hilarious!
Anyways I will be moving out of the orphanage on Saturday and I don´t quite know what i´ll do after that. But we will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment