August 1, 2006

Back in DC/New Jersey/Philly

I've come back east for a short stint. After a whole 20 hours in DC, I left again for the Jersey shore to the largest beach ultimate tournament in the world... Wildwood. The tournament itself was amazing. Beach ultimate is alot of fun and quite different from regular ultimate in that you play with four people onthe field and barefoot on sand. Among other things it's much better for laying out, something i've always been hesitatant about given my amazing ability to get injured. The general setup was play a game for an hour, then go swimming, walk around, say hey to the mass amounts of people you knew, reapply sunscreen and repeat. It seemed as if almost everyone came back for this tournment and it was so great to see everyone. After getting sun burned, dehydrated, and running around all day, what better to do Saturday night then have a huge party on the beach? It was great and included a beer garden, the video from last year, hotel hopping, and dancing in the Bolero.

Sunday we played a few more games and mostly just craved going to Wawa. Overall my team went 2-4 in the tournament but we still had alot of fun. Besides my introduction to beach ultimate, this was also my first trip tot the Jersey shore. I can't imagine seriously wanting to go there for a long vaction. Beaches up north are so different from the south. It's crowded, dirty, expenisve, and well let's just admit it... trashy.

So now it's back to DC for the week with a 24 hout visit to Philly. I'll head back to Idaho for another 10 days, then back to DC for 4, then Chattanooga for a week, and I leave the country on the 28th! Yay for packing!!

No comments: