August 21, 2006

So Long Sweet Summer

And the goodbyes have begun. I left Idaho last week with my first goodbyes being to the Noland/McBees. I must say, child care was never what I saw myself doing, but I really enjoyed it for the time especially since I had such a great family. I learned alot about motherhood and I know i don't want that any time soon. Being young and free is way more fun for right now.

Then I had a weekend in DC to say goodbye to many of my friends. It started off with an ideal "last night" on friday night. Many greeted me with "Mae it's your last night!" and i had to explain that no we were just celebrating like it was and actually it was just Alicia's last night with me. Taking advantage of restaurant week, me and 6 of my favorite girls (including the fabulous Natalie Kuhl who came down from Brooklyn) went to dinner at sequoia on the waterfront. Despite the fact that our waiter was pretty bad, our three course dinner was excellent! We all had a fun time dressing up, wearing heels, and well being girlie.

Then after excellent cosmos made by the incredible ms. green, we headed to the one and only Froggy Bottom Pub. Huaong was of course said to hear it would be my last night and declared he wished he were an orphan so i could take care of him. Oh how i'll miss the frog. He also gave a shot to me and "all my girls". It was a great last night with lots of people stopping by and the best music mix ever (like always).

Saturday and Sunday have included last visits to Thurston, DJ's, O Street, the Cheesecake factory, Lindy's, and Winston house, as well as lots of hanging out and a mass trip to the container store. The apartment is now seeminlgy empty (well comparatively) and i have said goodbye to everyone. I have concluded that i have some of the best friends possible and am so happy for my years at GW. Thanks to everyone who made it so great and I'll see you in a year... you know i'm back when you get a mass text announcing Porter's on Wed night. Now it's home to chattanooga for lots of packing and the last goodbyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello, dearie! alas, good-byes are rough, but this course was set in motion by a 9 year old in norway and there is much yet to come for you, so i'm excited to see it all play out. AND...i'm coming to the 'nooga this weekend with the singular intention of spending time with you, so get ready-- we have SO much catching up to do! can't wait...cheers!

Anonymous said...

i missed you. but i love you and hope you had a good time!!! i'm so excited for you. best of luck my lemon tart!!!

-lemon tea