I believe that everyday should be an adventure, but also that you can find adventure in your everyday life. So with that in mind, I'm heading off in search of experiencing both in some new locales! I'll be visiting the Middle East, Europe and India to volunteer, visit friends, and find new adventures. Enjoy!
July 26, 2006
interesting things in Idaho
Well Idaho is just swell. I knew that when one of the two front page headlines of the weekly paper was "Burmese python swallows electric blanket" I was in for a good time. I did feel a little better when this story made national news. Anyways, besides my normal nanny duties, I have found lots of things to do outside. For example, I, the girl who learned to ride a bike at 15, rode 24 miles to go to the next town to see a movie I'd already seen. I also went on a hike alone and saw a snake. Apparently no one else finds this in the least bit exciting or frightening. I on the other hand had images of being bitten and left for dead in the Idaho hills, not a fate I desire. My eating habits have also altered slightly and I have found that "Energy Drops" (which are all natural and contain flaxseed) can almost resemble a cookie if eaten with a glass of milk (organic of course). There is some ultimate here... two games a week. The local league has a total of four teams which play each other repeatedly but it's ok cause everytime different people (hopefully 7) seem to show up. While a little time in the country is nice, it has given me ample time to decide that I really and truly am a city girl. I can no longer pretend that just because I am from Tennessee and was rasied near mountains that i know how to do wilderness emergency medicine, name various wildflowers, or really enjoy long ambling marches through the woods. When it comes to a hike, it really is about the destination for me. Time for a flaxseed cookie.
No comments:
Post a Comment